Wednesday, June 3, 2009

a funny thing called LOVE


Love doesn't make the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.


No matter who you are, where you are, with you are,

you just cant escape this thing called love..


Its addictive, its contagious, its funny, it can get you angry, it could change you to someone you never were, it could make your world go round!


Before writing this post I googled 'love' and found a thousand definitions and meanings of love, none of which were true or may I say apt!


A million things pop up in our head every time someone mentions the word Love- from flowers to perfumes to chocolates, but, what about the feelings and emotions associated with this word?

What about all the nights you spend crying, thinking whether this will work out, whether this is worth it?


A colleague of mine broke up a couple of months back, but still cant seem to get over the girl in spite of being told a million times by her that she just needs to be left alone and doesn't need him. Now to make things worse they have common friends and every time he goes out with them he is bombarded with questions about her absence as none of them knew that they were a couple!


What I hate the most about love is that sometimes people tend to forget themselves when they are in love. I mean why the hell would you let go of your individuality, your friends, your beliefs, your everything just for that one person? Is it really worth it? I know our in love, but love doesnt demand you to do insane things 365 days a year right!


I think love is a state of mind rather than a feeling, coz if it were a feeling then people would never fall apart in love! Relationships would never go sour, 2 people who seemed crazy in love with each other would never cringe at the mention of the other ones name.


Yes I agree some people are just out there to have fun and to move on, but while your at it, pls DONT call it "LOVE".


Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so when it mattered the most!


But thankfully I have learnt from my mistakes and dont shy away from expressing myself anymore :)


Call its bad judgement or a rushed decision, but alot of us are in relationship only coz we think that we couldnt get a better person than the one we are with. Our sense of insecurity is camouflaged into Love and we waste alot of time being in Denial about the same. Learn to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get! And I am sure that you will like to be loved not to love only!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.. didnt expect such stuff from u :-)
very apt though...

tHe oThEr SiDe oF LiFe Copyright © 2009
Scrapbook Mania theme designed by Simply WP and Free Bingo
Converted by Blogger Template Template