Thursday, December 13, 2007

Retrospection time


Its been 12 days since my parents have been away, and it seems like an eternity. Have learnt alot in these 12 days. This is the first time I was left alone at home for this long and trust me it has been an experience in itself.
The past 12 days been a series of funny as well as the most frustrating moments of my life.
The other day i went to get apples for myself as iam too bored to cook n blah blah. got 2 apples for Rs 25 and i thought i was being cheated by the hawker, like it was written all over my face that iam doing this for the first time, immediately called mum to tell her that iam being overcharged what should i do!!guess i freaked her out cause i called her for such a stupid reason but i dint want to feel cheated and overcharged.

Servant has been on a roll since mum has gone, comes at her own leisurely time in spite of me begging her to come early, does half the work and leaves.zeesh i hate her. oh ya and how could i forget she has 40 million questions waiting for me once i get back home from work. Now Iam one of those people who answer patiently but when I come home from work i want to be by myself at least for the first half an hour as Iam really edgy then and don't want to pick up a fight. But this ma'am refuses to get the point and has to ask me the lamest thing on earth in the loudest tone,sometimes I think I work for her lol.. darn what has my life come to!!

But the biggest thing that i have learnt in these 12 days is that i can survive alone, I don't i need someone to make sure i will be alright! A couple of my friends have been around most of the time but i guess i have realised that at the end of the day i want to be alone!! Could never imagine sleeping alone in the empty house,used to give me the freaks of my life. but now i guess iam more comfortable sleeping alone hahahahaha..

Now that mum dad are going to come back soon Its time to get back to normal routine again..phew i hate this..it takes me a couple of days to get used people not being around and it also takes equally long for me to have them around. I have got so used to staying by myself and doing the running around, was just getting used to it and now i have to adjust again..zeesh..i hate this about me..even with friends it takes me a little time to get used to them being around..
A couple of months back my best friend had come down from London and the first day i just couldn't look at her and talk. I remember we sitting at a coffee shop on the first evening after she landed and i was talking to her but looking around, was quite a sight, she actually had to ask me to look at her. So ya its that bad for me to get used to not having people around and then having them back again!!

Oh how could i forget, I also learnt whom i could on count in times of need (not people for sure).
Trust me i have got help from places it was least expected and I'am have been surprised at every moment. I Thank God every night for these few good souls.

A Buddhist monk came to college yesterday to give us a lecture on life and whatever he said made so much sense!!
the thing that he stressed on the most is
Self is the protector of Self.

i so connected with this cause this is what i realised in this phase!!

lesson learnt in these 12 days!!

1 comments:

Cheffy..... said...

Hmmmm.....Its about time you got over your fear for water and learn how to swim as well !!!

tHe oThEr SiDe oF LiFe Copyright © 2009
Scrapbook Mania theme designed by Simply WP and Free Bingo
Converted by Blogger Template Template